Halbrandir is a very young man, still in his late teens in fact, and the son of Clifton Raven of Raven’s Keep. Clifton adopted the name of Huma in his time on Klarn, and that is of course the name by which Halbrandir thinks of his father. Brandir spent much of his youth exploring the wilds apprenticing with his father, learning and adopting the profession of ranger; Bran never quite understood why Huma insisted that so much time be spent learning the dangers and subtleties of mountainous terrain as opposed to enjoying the beauty of the elven forest where he was born, but Bran is now of course grateful beyond measure for his father’s foresight. Brandir is also quite grateful for the knowledge he has acquired about undead, for it will certainly be of value to him and his surviving companions, who include his childhood friend and companion Ankoma, a gnoll raised from a pup by Brandir’s father Huma.
Halbrandir greatly treasures his family connections, and to this day marvels at the notion of being the son of one of the greatest heroes of legend in the land of Klarn, his father having also acted on behalf of Klarn generations ago, due to his lifespan as a citizen of Raven’s Keep. In his latest stay in Klarn, while acting as an ambassador to the savage elves, Clifton, in his guise of Huma, met and fell in love with a human young lady from the Mystic Isles, Rose Sapphire Hastings, who was being fostered by the Savage Elves, in part to ensure her safety from any peril that might befall her at the hands of her two tiefling half-siblings, Halgaerad and Haela. Rose is of course extremely close to her mother Sapphire, but grew up without a close relationship to her father Halfred, due to his heroic self-imposed exile from Klarn. That being the case, she still chose to include the prefix from his name in her son’s, but drew the rest of his name from the language of the elves who so graciously harbored her as she grew up. ‘Brandir’ translates from elven as ‘noble or lofty man’.
All of this being the case, Halbrandir is very comfortable going by either Brandir or Bran, but chooses not to be referred to as Hal, a privilege he prefers to reserve for his maternal grandfather. Brandir of course also understands the sacrifice his father made in choosing to honor his feelings for his mother, for by marrying Rose Sapphire and siring Halbrandir as Huma, Clifton Raven earned exile from his home of Ravens Keep. In fact, this very expedition to the Wildlands was meant to serve as Clifton’s exile; alas that it should have ended so quickly with his heroic sacrifice and apparent demise at the hands of Blern. Bran hopes now to find a way to keep his friend Ankoma and newly found allies from Ravens Keep safe, and eventually avenge his father by defeating Blern once and for all.
- Personality Traits:
- I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
- Both of my parents left the societies into which they were born. I thus have little use for the niceties of civilization.
- Ideal: Greater Good: It is each person’s responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole tribe/clan.
- Bond: Family: I am extremely proud of the heritage on both sides of my family, and feel bound to avenge the presumed death of my father.
- Flaw: I am slow to trust, in part because my father was cast out from Raven’s Keep for following his heart, and also because the greatest threat we now face comes from the forces of Blern, a traitor himself to Raven’s Keep.
- Haunted: I am haunted by the spirit of one of the former servants of Blern, who was actually slain by my father during our escape from Blern’s forces. This haunting malevolent spirit seeks to extract vengeance for his death from me personally.
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Background: Outlander
- Deity: Gaia
- Race: Human
- Languages: Common,
- Gender: male
- Age: 19
- Height: 6′ 1″
- Weight: 175 lbs.
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Hazel
- Skin color:
- Distinguishing Characteristics: